Sunday 9 March 2014

Brief 3 - Screen Print (Poster) : Comic Book Art Research



One key thing I picked up on In watching the film was Elijahs love for comic books and how they had distorted how he saw the world. They allowed him to justify what he did to find his opposite. I thought that a comic book style poster would really fit in with the theme of the film. However when I began looking into comic book art in more detail I realised that there are too many colours used including a black outline which I just couldn't do screen printing. From here I looked into comic books covers that had been screen printed and found this interesting Wolverine one. The use of colours made a good contrast and the whole piece did not need to be outlined or defined for it to be understood.








I really liked the idea of having an open comic book and having the people coming out. These two above were great examples simple screen prints but with great detail; an interesting change from saul bass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment